Dear SLS Students,
We’ve made it another week on our home-based learning adventure! Can you believe that it’s been a month since we’ve seen one another? Our last day of in-person school was on Friday, March 13th. Look how much has happened in one month. It seems like a long time, and that a lot has happened. That actually gives me hope. If a lot can happen in just four short weeks, that means that a lot of good may be just around the corner!
It was a crazy Lenten season, and I was not very excited about an Easter trapped at home. Did you feel the same way? I was wondering if it would be lonely and sad without going to church, seeing family, and without fun, special events. Instead, my season has been filled with:
- Uplifting church videos that the Redeemer church staff worked really hard to share with us
- A cat drawing left on my door from my favorite cat fan
- A surprise neighbor visit who told me she was praying for me (from a far, safe distance)
- A surprise Easter basket left at my door
- A surprise Easter Lily left at my door
- Some incredibly kind, encouraging emails from school families
- A social distancing Easter Egg hunt for my nephew
- An awesome, gluten free Easter basket from the Easter Bunny
- A thank you email that made me tear up from a former student who is now in pharmacy school
- A delicious Easter meal that still made the day feel special
- Sitting in the driveway of a good friend and neighbor, still having a great chat from a long way away
- Time to try new things, including learning fancy handwriting and learning how to make French Press coffee
God is SO GOOD to us, even in the hard times. I am loving all the blessings I see all around us. What blessings do you see?
I miss you and pray for you!